Monday, August 25, 2014

the perfect Homecoming dress layout (for BBTB2)

Our BBTB2 challenge this week is to use a cricut dress or dress form cut.  I had some photos of Son#1 and his girlfriend from  Homecoming last year to scrap.  I used the Formal Occasions cartridge for all the cuts on this layout.  I'm going to put their names in the blue sky space, but left that off for the blog photo.  I love the pretty formal dress and tux jacket cuts and I used blue for the flowers and shirt, since it will match their clothes in the pics.  I have some great pics of them all dressed up!


Cricut:
Formal Occasion-all cuts
Paper-CTMH solids

I'm looking forward to seeing the projects everyone does for this challenge-I thought of several different ways to do this, but really wanted to get these pics in the album.  The design team's ideas are all over at BBTB2 for you to see for inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. What a super fun layout. Love the tux and the bridal dress. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L. BBTB2 DT member
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love this wonderful layout. I have said it before and I will say it (write it?) again - NO ONE does layouts like you!! You have a knack for creating such fun and balanced layouts, including a variety of cuts, but not overwhelming the photos!

    I love this layout for your son's homecoming photos. The tux jacket is darling and the dress and "perfect dress" cuts are indeed perfect! I LOVE the cityscape with the street lamp too. Too cute!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is just perfect for prom pictures!! I love all the fun cuts and sentiments. Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantasticly wonderful layout Michelle!!! Love the dress and tux and that city scape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun event to scrap!!! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous layout Michelle! I love the color choices you used and I love the die cuts. The dress is so pretty in the paper you used. I have this cart but don't think I've used it yet. But I think I have some pics somewhere that will work great for this cart. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am now only going to refer to you as the Layout Queen! You make me almost want to start scrapbooking - almost :) Your papers and images you use are always perfect! LOVE each and every one of them!!! I don't have the Formal Occasion cart, but these images are so fun! Amazing job!!!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the choices for the die cuts. Great layout. I've done my share of prom layouts, they always turn out nice and I always took too many pics

    ReplyDelete