Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Get to know you blog hop


So there are some get to know you blog hops happening right now and I was tagged to participate.  I am a day late posting as life has gotten a bit away from me, but that's just how it goes some weeks!

Acknowledge the person who tagged you:

My bloggy friend Jaren from http://purpleparadisecreations.blogspot.com tagged me to share in this Get to Know You Blog Hop.  I have gotten to know her work through the design team at BBTB2 and love going to see what she makes every week!  Like me, she is a busy mom and I'm super impressed that she finds time to blog!!!!

What you are working on?  

I always have several projects going on at once.  My scrapping area always looks like a disaster!  In addition to weekly design team projects, I am currently working an album for all our summer vacation pictures from our trip to Estes Park, CO and Rocky Mountain National Park, as well as scrapping all the pictures from our regular summer activities.  I am also starting to plan Christmas cards.

How does your work differ from others of its genre?

I am primarily a scrapbooker and enjoy getting our family photos into albums where we can look at them.  I prefer double page layouts with multiple photos and a clean uncluttered design.  I generally work with 4x6 photos that I can easily print on my home printer.   While I occasionally print special sizes, I'm all about speed which means I usually stick with 4x6.  My preferred album size is 12x12, although I also occasionally make mini albums for gifts.  I also stamp and make some cards, but it's not my creative focus.  I am not much for making 3D items because with three active boys and a crazy cat, paper decorative items don't seem to survive around here!  Once in awhile, I'll make a calendar or wall hanging that can't get knocked over by the kids or shredded by the cat.

Why do you write/create what you do?

As I never able to go to crops anymore between work and kids, blogging has given me a chance to share my projects and get inspired by other people's amazing stuff.  My job as a critical care nurse at a large urban trauma hospital is often full of sad, depressing situations and is VERY stressful, so scrapbooking is like my happy therapy.  


How does your writing/creating process work?

I surf my favorite blogs and also use Pinterest to get ideas.  Anything can spark a layout idea, although my final product rarely looks anything like what inspired me-the project usually kind of veers off into unknown territory at some point.  I often sketch ideas while waiting in the car line at school.  I have to snatch my creative moments whenever I can!


I'm kind of a paper addict (LOL!) and love to have paper from my favorite companies like Echo Park, Bo Bunny, and Carta Bella around to work with.  I use my Cricut for almost everything and love being able to make things in whatever size and color I want.  A Cameo or Cricut Explore is on my someday wish list….but for now I'm pretty content with my Cricut.  I don't have a computer in my scrap area so I don't use the Cricut Craft Room, but I get along just fine with just me and my original Cricut Exression.   I'm very visual, so I have to have everything spread out around me where I can see it (hence the giant mess!).  


I'm going to leave you with some links to blogs I like to surf:

http://janaeubank.wordpress.com
http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com
http://www.craftindesertdivas.com

Happy Scrapping!

2 comments:

  1. Loved getting to know you more! I'm ALWAYS inspired by what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved getting to know you more Michelle! I am also in awe of your job and can imagine that it is a very very stressful job. I have great respect for nurses and people who work in hospitals. I am a fan of your scrapping and always love coming to see your layouts. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete