Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mother's Day card

It's taken a few days for this card to come together, but I am so pleased with how it turned out!  (STOP looking, Mom-this one's for you.)  I've always wanted to try one of the frames from Lyrical Letters, and this one seemed to lend itself to adding some flowers (which are from Give a Hoot).   I combined some different words by inking only part of the stamp from some My Pink Stamper stamps to make my sentiment.


Cricut:
Lyrical Letters-frame
Give a Hoot-added flowers and leaves
Paper-Echo Park
Stamps-My Pink Stamper (front), unknown (inside)
 I'm linking it to the My Pink Stamper challenge to make a Mother's Day project and to the My Craft Spot challenge to use pop dots. 

5 comments:

  1. This is a great card---the flowers are really pretty! Thanks for joining the My Pink Stamper Pinkalicious Blog Hop this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. One of my favorites of yours so far. The color choices are so fresh and I love the use of the frames. How do you get such good coverage on your stamps? I always end up having blank spots no matter what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like using the Stampin Up brand inkpads-they are very firm, so it makes it easier for me to get my stamp well inked without it getting overinked around the edges. I don't do so well with really soft inkpads for stamping. I also sometimes use a brush tipped pen to ink stamps (if I'm having trouble getting a detailed image to ink well) and then breathe on it to moisten it right before I stamp. I do use a soft chalk inkpad for inking around the edges of my cricut cuts and photo mats to give them depth, mainly VersaMagic chalk ink in Jumbo Java.

      Delete
  3. Your card is very pretty. I think your mom is going to love it, even if she does see it ahead of time. : )

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ai have to agree with Georgina your momis going to love this... Love the colors

    ReplyDelete