Monday, March 23, 2015

Viva Mexico layout (for BBTB2)

Happy Monday!  Did you have a good weekend?  I did-the weather was fabulous, I had the weekend off of work, AND I got to go to the Maroon 5 concert Saturday night for a date night with my hubby!!!  I'm not really ready to face real life yet…. lots of diet Coke on tap for today to help me cope, lol!  But on to more crafty pursuits!

Our BBTB2 challenge this week is to use a frame on a project.  My Viva Mexico layout is for some vacation pictures for an upcoming cruise stop in Cozumel.  My hubby and I are getting ready to take a cruise in April for our 19th wedding anniversary-just the two of us!  We have been away from the kids overnight only a handful of times, so this is a REALLY big deal!!!!  I know I will take lots of pictures sightseeing, so I was browsing the Ole cartridge and found this really cool frame.   The middle layer is quite intricate, so I would recommend using spray adhesive to stick it down instead of a glue pen like I did.  I was really happy with how my layout turned out, as I was going for fun and colorful.  There is a smorgasbord of frames to see over at BBTB2, so take a look and link up a project!


Cricut:
Ole-all cuts
Paper-Echo Park Walking on Sunshine collection prints, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink


9 comments:

  1. Michelle, what a bright and cheerful lo!!! Love those dancers, they are so sweet! The trip is going to be fun, I believe :)
    Hugs, Valentyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Michelle, I think you and I should sit down over a margarita and discuss how fabulous your layouts are!!! Ole is one of my favourite cartridges. I also love your colour choices! Muy Bonita!
    -DT Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, what a wonderful trip to look forward to. I love your layout and the bright colors and images! I love the dancers and the pepper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout!!! I bet you will take lots of great pics on your trip and they are going to look awesome on here!! Hugs!!

    P.S. Really jealous you got to see Maroon 5!! :) I bet they were fantastic!!

    Stacey ~ BBTB2 DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout Michelle!! Love all of the cuts. Just perfect for Cozumel photos.
    Happy Anniversary and safe travels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout, so colorful. I just completed a swap last month and I made cuts from the Ole cart (many the same as yours, including the frame) for my swap partner. It's so fun to use the bright colors. I like how you layered the cuts - cleaver designs.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER DUPER Layout!!!! I love how you used the "ole" cartridge to design the frames and all the images you used.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this super fun, festive, colorful layout !!!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete