Monday, March 2, 2015

Lots of Laughs layout (for BBTB2)

Happy Monday!  It's been a cold, snowy weekend here in KC!  I was working on one of the upper floors of the hospital this weekend and it was rather pretty watching the snow come down, until I had to make the long, cold walk to my car!  My boys were disgusted that it keeps snowing only on weekends so that they haven't had any snow days off from school, lol!

Our BBTB2 challenge this week is to use a cartridge we haven't used in a LONG time.  Well, I have a number of cartridges that would probably qualify for that distinction, so I had a little rock, paper, scissors action to narrow it down and the Paisley cartridge came out the winner.  It is one of the first few cartridges I ever bought and one of my favorites.  Truthfully, I have a lot of cartridges, but since I scrapbook A LOT, I can't say any of them go unused very long.  I have my favorites that I use the most, but I try to make the most of my collection of images by using them all.

This lots of laughs layout is for fun, lighthearted pictures from a big family gathering over the holiday season, with lots of people laughing and talking, but I think could work for pictures for almost any occasion.  I love all the whimsical animals on Paisley and I also added some of the actual paisley cuts, which I've never cut before.  For the words, I used the blackout feature in addition to the shadow to get extra color contrast to make the words pop.  The print paper is two sheets leftover of an old My Minds' Eye collection.  The design team has projects from their long unused cartridges that you can see and we'd love you to show us your project with an old friend of a cartridge over at BBTB2 this week!


Cricut:
Paisley-all cuts
Paper-My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline collection prints, CTMH solids
Versamark Jumbo Java brown chalk ink
pop dots

10 comments:

  1. The snow is pretty when you don't have to be out in the cold in it! lol And for us more is on the way-yippee!! NOT! I agree with your kids, if it is going to snow, then do it when they can have a snow day. lol I love, love, love your layout Michele! Nothing new there huh?! The colorful papers you have use are so fun. I love the cuts you used from Paisley, and I agree it is a great cart. I especially love the paisley cut, I think it is so cute! This is layout will be so much fun when you get your pictures on it. Great times, great memories, that's what scrapping is all about. Preserving those memories. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cuts and the papers you used make for an awesome layout Michelle!!! Love it!! We had rare snow here in Alabama last week and are expecting some more wintry weather this week. We had 10 inches of snow. Usually, if we get any, it's only a dusting or 1/2 inch or so. I just know that I'm super ready for Spring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful LO! Love all that small cuties, perfect layering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute layout !!!!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle you reminded me of a comment my husband said two days ago. He says, "We are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow over night." I said, "What? We are in British Columbia! We don't get snow anymore!" haha. Well I hope Spring hurries up and arrives for you! Your layout is super fun and I love the paper. My Minds Eye is one of my favourite brands. Happy Crafting! - DT Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun design love the little hanging monkey and the pops of red are perfect with this great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I love looking at all of your layouts. Thanks for sharing. Your paper choices are always wonderful. I was just wondering if you leave the paper there when you put the pictures on it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candie, so glad you like the blog! I do leave the paper there when I put the pics on it. I like a strong border to help visually separate the photos from the background, especially when my bg paper is a busy print like this one. Plus it photographs much better for the blog. If my bg paper is a solid or muted print, I will often do only a single mat or print my photos with a white border so I don't use any paper for the mat but still get the visual separation for the photo. 85% of my layouts are made for photos already taken, so I have the pictures sitting right beside me to see what color mats will pop them off the page.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I love looking at your blog. It is so inspirational.

      Delete