Saturday, January 14, 2012

Life is Good tri-fold mini (for the new year)

While I am not one to make resolutions for the new year, I do like to reflect over the previous year and think about the upcoming year in January.  I read a book last year called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, which inspired me this new year to try to conciously pay attention to the blessings in life that make me happy as this year starts.  My Pink Stamper has a challenge to make a something for yourself or someone else on the theme of "a fresh clean start for the new year". 

I made a tri-fold mini album using Fabulous Finds with my two leftover half sheets of paper and stickers from the Echo Park Life is Good collection.    I plan to frequently change up the items I tuck in here, which may be small pictures, quotes, or notes from my kids and husband for my little happiness project.




I used the tri-fold 2 option on Fabulous Finds cut at 6 inches, which has little flaps cut out.  The trick, I discovered, is to cut one tri-fold 2 with all the cut outs and one tri-fold 2 cut on blackout.  The one with the cut outs goes on the inside.  You need double sided paper for this, since the back side of the blackout cut will show when the flaps of the inside cut are open, although this will be mostly hidden when I put my pics on there






Outside flaps:



Cricut:
Fabulous Finds-tri-fold mini album
Paper/stickers-Echo Park Life is Good collection

5 comments:

  1. very cute project :). thanks for sharing! Love the bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific mini! I love that paper collection you used and how you laid everything out! Thanks for joining us at Robyn's My Pink Stamper Pinkalicious Blog Hop this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. What is Fabulous Finds? I'm not sure what Fabulous Finds is. Would like to know more?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous Finds is an older cricut cartridge. I got it as a freebie with my rewards points. It has lots of bookplates and hinges, plus some minis-I've kind of struggled with how to use it.

      Delete