Friday, April 11, 2014

All Aboard layout

It's my day for the daily project at Exploring Cricut!  So who's up for a train layout?  Boys and a fascination for trains seem to go together-when my guys were little, they were all obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine.  I never left the house without at least a few engines for emergency entertainment in my purse.  Even as big guys they still like trains, so when we saw the spectacular train layout while at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry last summer they were mesmerized.  We must have spent 30 minutes looking at it.  (It has an enormous model railroad that "runs" from the city of Chicago to Seattle, complete with all the skyscrapers.)

I'm finally getting around to making a layout for those pictures.  I used the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge for the title and train and the My World cartridge for the railroad signs.  The fun and colorful paper and stickers are from the Echo Park Scoot collection, which I have been hoarding for just this layout!  The bright colors just make me happy.





Cricut:
Boys Will Be Boys-title cut at 3 inches, train cut at 2 1/2 inches
My World-railroad signs cut at 1 1/2 and 2 inches
Paper-Echo Park Scoot collection prints and stickers, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink

Hope you enjoyed the railroad moment here and check out Exploring Cricut every day for a new project!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great layout - great choice of paper, and I love all the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout, I have a hubby and a grandson that likes trains also so this is a fun way to see a layout for inspiration for me, totally forgot that Boys will be Boys have trains on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout!! I so love all of the different papers you used. :)

    ReplyDelete