Sunday, September 11, 2011

mini-album 100% Boy (pic heavy)

My sons had each requested their own mini album, so this is what I came up with for son#1.  The album pages are chipboard I saved from packages of my scrapbook pages and page protectors.  I cut each 12 by 12 chipboard into four 6x6 pieces for the pages.  Free is the best, right?





Cricut:
Robotz-title
Plaintain Schoolbook-circles
Paisley-words chillin, jammin, wonderful, huh?, seriously,music notes
Everyday Paperdolls-kitten, pumpkins
Give a Hoot-tree, squirrel
Doodlecharms-sun
lots of brown chalk ink for the edges of everything
acorns from my stash

The transparency page with the fall scene is actually a cricut mat cover that I cut down to 6x6 and punched holes in for the rings to go through.  I adhered my "scene" to one side of it.    My son wanted places to write, so I included several places he can journal.  The small pages with tags are business envelopes cut in half and covered with paper, which made nice tag spots.  The rest of the decorations are stickers that came with the paper pack. 


3 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on your album. I love the color theme and paper that you used. I am really into mini albums right now, they are so fun to make. TFS Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mini album. Looks awesome. I am a new follower. I found your blog from the MPS treat bag challenge. I'm playing along on that challenge too :-)

    Linda
    http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! I love your album!! The paper choices are super, and I especially like how you used the transparent mat cover. What a cool trick! Thanks for commenting on the Scrappin' Saturday post at FCCB. When I'm ready to make a mini, I'm definitely checking back here at your site! I have a little guy and the boy ideas are great! :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete