Monday, December 15, 2014

Ornament Christmas Card (for BBTB2)

It's getting closer to Christmas….I'm finishing up my last Christmas cards!  (I make a lot of them in October at the family Xmas card scrap with my mom and nieces, so I don't have to stress in December.) Our BBTB2 challenge this week is to make a Christmas ornament or use a cricut ornament cut.  I did two all white cards this year.  This one features one of the ornaments from the Joys of the Seasons cartridge.  For white on white cards, I like to add texture with either embossing or glitter paper.  I embossed the background here with a snowflake folder and embossed the ornament with my favorite all-purpose Swiss Dots (seriously, if you could only have one embossing folder that would be the one I'd have!).  I popped my ornament up on foam tape for some extra dimension.  It came out just like I was envisioning-which doesn't always happen, lol!  Hope you will share some of your Christmas ornament projects with us at BBTB2 this week!


Sorry my photo is so dark-when I shot it in a well lit area, all the white just washed out and you couldn't really see the embossing!

Cricut:
Joys of the Seasons-ornament/shadow cut at 4 1/2 inches
Paper-white card stock
Swiss Dots and Snowflake embossing folders
foam tape

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful white on white card Michelle! I love your ornament and I love the embossing folders you used. And the photo isn't to dark, the embossing shows up well! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have soooo enjoyed your white on white cards. This is another beautiful one. I love all the embossing and the beautiful ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! This is so beautiful Michelle!!! Total awesomeness for sure!! The white on white is outstanding!!! I so love it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful . I love the white on white !!!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  5. White on white' I love it. Happy holidays to all

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete