Monday, February 24, 2014

Magical Memories Disney layout (for BBTB2)

Our DT sister Maureen has given us an interesting BBTB2 challenge this week:  to use a cricut cut as a stencil.  This had me searching for an idea for awhile, but as I looked at the scraps on my table, I had cut a border of Mickey's hands out of some red paper as an accent for something and the idea came to me to use the negative cut-it seemed sort of like a stencil, anyway.  I made it into a journaling spot and backed it in white so the white would make the border stand out.   And then I added the Mickey Heads with the letter M cut-out in the center to the layout for an accent.  I'm elbow deep in Disney photos from our trip in 2013 as well as our recent trip!  It feels good to get some more of them scrapped!




Cricut:
Mickey and Friends-negative of the Mickey hands border
Mickey Font-title font, mickey heads with the M cut out
Paper-from an old Creative Memories pack
sticker-from the stash

Check out what the rest of the super-talented design team has come up with and play along!

11 comments:

  1. Love this layout Michelle and I love how you used your negative cut for your stencil. I always enjoy your layouts! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous LO's Michelle...so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to use the negative as a journal box embellishment! Love your LO too. ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout !!! I love, love disney !! You did a fantastic job with this layout !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun layouts!!! LOVE Disney!!! Your negative cuts look fabulous!!!

    Have a great week!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mickey background paper is so pretty. This is such a wonderful group of pics. Looks like you had a good time. Great idea to use the stencil this way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Oh Boy' this is awesome Michelle!!! I so love the Mickey paper, the Mickey cuts, and the wonderful photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful layout! I just love Mickey Mouse! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the journaling stencil. I love finding little scrap pieces like that to use on layouts too. I'm pinning this to my Disney board on Pinterest because I'm going to need lots of layout ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Boy! What a great layout. I think I need a trip to Disneyland just to be able to scrap them

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete