Monday, May 13, 2019

Band layout

Happy Monday! It's been quite a week, as Son#2 graduated from high school!  There were lots of tears of pride and joy celebrating his day and much nostalgia as I was thinking about him as a baby and grateful for the amazing man he has become.  He graduated with honors in the top 10% of his class with a 4.0 GPA and won medals as the Outstanding Band Student and Outstanding Art Student. I am so proud of him.  He is heading off to college in the fall and I can't wait to see what his future holds.  We spent some time looking through the scrapbooks of him growing up and it was so fun and nostalgic and reminded me how much I enjoy scrapbooking our memories.  So now that you're all caught up on my week, on to actual crafty matters....

Our BBTB2 challenge for this next 2 weeks is a music theme.  I have a whole stack of pictures from end of year band/orchestra awards nights to scrapbook, so I already had pictures in mind for this challenge.  I used the Nifty Fifties cartridge for the band title and added some lettering to layout after I had the pictures figured out, using a font I downloaded and cut with my cricut (although I realized while uploading this that I have my lettering a bit crooked-will have to fix that pronto!).  Had to leave a little space for some journaling too!  I've really liked this Band Geek paper collection by Photo Play as it's so perfect for scrapbooking.  The design team over at BBTB2 has great projects to inspire you and we hope you will join us in linking up a music themed project!

layout without the pictures:

Cricut:
Nifty Fifties-band title with music notes
Paper-Photo Play Band Geek prints/stickers, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink for edging
With the pictures added:

4 comments:

  1. Awesome two page spread! I love the colors - so festive. And congratulations to your graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! What amazing accomplishments! This is such a fantastic layout to celebrate his accomplishments! What wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It shows that you were really proud of your son and his great achievements in high school. Loving how you put this double layout together showcasing him. Best of luck to your son. That’s what scraping us about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic layout! love this! congratulations to your son, wishing him continued success!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete