Monday, May 22, 2017

Silly Pop Up birthday card

Happy Monday!  It's looking a little sunnier at my house-the teens have survived finals and only have two more days of school!  I'm hoping life will slow down a bit and leave more time for crafting, lol!

Our BBTB2 challenge is a birthday theme this week.  There is a story behind my card-I recently made a pop up birthday card for my niece, who loves to knit.  Her gift was a funny t-shirt with lines from the Dr. Seuss book altered to feature knitting, such as "I will knit on a train, on a boat, on a plane".  It was hilarious!  So for my pop up card to go with the gift, I added things that were mentioned on the shirt, using a couple of cartridges.  It came out really fun and she loved it.  I made my pop up card using this tutorial from split coast stampers.  There are cute birthday projects to see over at BBTB2 and you can link your project up there this week as well.






Cricut:
Create A Critter-animals
Artistry-font, yarn
Boys Will Be Boys-train, boat
Stamp-Cricut bundle with the Flower Market cartridge

5 comments:

  1. So cute and fun! ~DT Sister, Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute box Card! I love all the images. Everything about it is Adorable! Your niece will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - so many cuts - wonderful card, she'll love it. I should make something like this for my friend who loves to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a labor of love! SO many cute Cricut cuts are included in this box card. It is soooo cute! I also think it is great how you matched the cuts to the book. You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete