Monday, March 17, 2014

Hear the Music layout (for BBTB2)

I am hosting the challenge at BBTB2 this week!  I chose a musical theme, so you must use a musical note or clef cricut cut on your project somewhere.  As all my boys have turned out to be musical (rather than athletic), I always have pictures from recitals and concerts to scrapbook.  My layout uses the Quarter Note cartridge for all the cuts.  If you have musicians, this cartridge is a MUST have, as it has both band and orchestra instruments and all kinds of music phrases and words.

so here's the layout:




Cricut:
Quarter Note-clef cut at 3 in., notes cut at 11/2 in., instrumentalists cut at 3 in., perform cut at 1 in., hear the music cut at 21/2 in., encore cut at 2 in.
Paper-base paper is from the Echo Park Everyday Eclectic collection, photo mat music print is from a DCWV music stack
stamp-My Pink Stamper Music Speaks set
ink-Memento tuxedo black

I would love to see what musical goodness you have to share, so link up your new project over at BBTB2 for us all to see!

PS:  Long before Pinterest (or I totally would have pinned it for future reference), I saw a card with the musicians on the musical score like I did on my layout, so I can't take credit for the cool idea.  I've always wanted to try to do something like it, so this layout was the perfect opportunity.


12 comments:

  1. I love this challenge Theme and your layout is especially beautiful. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the classic black and white! And the children with their instruments looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You make the best layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white color theme and all of your cuts! You picked a wonderful challenge! Pretty paper, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white color theme and all the musical cuts. Pretty background paper! You picked a wonderful challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome layout Michelle! I love the papers you used, your die cuts are just perfect. I don't own this cart, but gave it to my girlfriend since she has a musical son and have since fell in love with this cart. Now it is on my wish list. lol Love the sentiment you stamped from MPS. Thanks for a fab challenge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just amazing. I love the colors and the layout. If you think about it when a musician starts out to write a song he starts out in black and white and makes the music very colorful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout! I had no idea this cartridge was so versatile! I may need to get this one in the future since my daughter is taking up choir and music next year! Love the design set up, and it's wonderful you remember the old card - what a memory you have! Well, I'm off to creating. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout Michelle!! Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, I LOVE this layout! Your papers are fabulous, and I LOVE your images - PERFECT musical scrapbook page! Super fun challenge you came up with!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful music inspired layout ! Lovely design and cuts !

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete