Monday, October 14, 2013

listen to your heart card (for BBTB2)

My lovely DT sister Brenda has chosen "health awareness" for the challenge theme at BBTB2 this week.  As an ICU nurse, heart disease is a huge problem I see affecting lives every day (I work many of my shifts in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit).  Women especially tend to underplay or ignore symptoms of heart attacks or heart disease because we are busy taking care of everyone else but not ourselves.  I encourage all of you to pay attention to your own health and know your numbers:  blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar.  If any of these are out of the normal range, make the time to do those lifestyle changes and improve them!  And take your medications, if you have prescriptions!  (I am regularly astounded at people who do not take their meds or have no idea what their meds are for.)

Alright, so enough healthy talk and on to the actual card I made.  I used the CM Be Young cartridge for the saying on the front "listen to your heart", which I thought was perfect for heart health awareness.  The fun frame was part of the image!  The inside, which I neglected to take a picture of, has more hearts (I have already given this card away, so I can't go back and get a pic).

Cricut:
CM Be Young-title art
Paper-solid CTMH, print
brown chalk ink

Show us what health cause is dear to your heart with a project and link it up back at BBTB2!

Please keep Brenda and her family in your prayers, as they are suddenly dealing with some very serious health issues at this time.

9 comments:

  1. Love this card! The paper choices are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card ! I love the sentiment and the design !

    hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card and a super important health issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Michelle!! I love the title cut and that cute frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Michelle! I LOVE the background paper especially! And great advice for us women!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card -- and what a great cricut cut!!! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great message about your health! Your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great cause. This one means alot to me also. My Dad has heart disease and also my husband. We are very focused on healthy diet and exercise. I love this card for this cause. Perfect cut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful cause to support!! You are right - this is something we all need to be concerned about.

    Thanks for being such a wonderful team member, Michelle. I ALWAYS love you work and you sense of caring for others!!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete