Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cookbook (wedding gift)-warning: lots of pics

We went to a wedding in July for a beloved teacher of my boys and I had to come up with a gift, so I made a fairly quick cookbook using my cricut.  I used an album with chipboard dividers and clear sleeves with 4x6 pockets by Simple Stories, which I bought at Archievers.  I found a fabulous paper collection called Farm Fresh by The Paper Studio that had recipe cards included, and I decorated the chipboard pages with some of the paper and cricut cuts from the From My Kitchen cartridge.  I also included some photos of my boys taken in her classroom on the dividers.  The boys picked out all their favorite recipes to include-I didn't show all the recipe pages, just the dividers.  I did some fun little twists:  the oven door opens to show a pie and the pot opens to eggs boiling plus one of the boys added a little note later.

Cover:
 Divider 1:
 with the oven door opened:
 back of divider 1 and first page of recipes:

 Divider 2:
 Divider 2 with the pot opened:
 Divider 3 (love that apron):

 more recipes:
 I tucked picture in here and there of the kids at school with her:

I used a thin coat of Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the chipboard dividers, cover and back.

Cricut:
From My Kitchen-all cuts except hinges
Fabulous Finds-hinges on oven door and pot
Paper-The Paper Studio Farm Fresh (bought at Hobby Lobby)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous. I bet she really cherishes it:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual i stand here simply amazed at your creativity.. this is absolutely adorable...

    ReplyDelete