Monday, November 23, 2020

Coffee & Friends layout

Happy Monday!  I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving this week and hope you all are able to celebrate in some way, even if it's a little different this year.  Our BBTB2 challenge for the next two weeks is a coffee theme.  Since June, a few friends and I who live within a few blocks of each other have been meeting on Monday mornings for coffee, spreading out across our back yards to follow the covid guidelines to social distance.  It's a BYOC...bring your own coffee and chair!  It has been such a blessing to sip our coffee, even spread out outside together, on Monday mornings, when nearly all of our other community activity is on hold.  Unfortunately covid is spreading like wildfire in the metro area where I live, so we are going to have to pause for awhile, as we all have college students coming home (potentially with germs).  As a critical care nurse working in the covid ICUs, I'm going to remind everyone to please mask, social distance, and avoid holiday gatherings to help the hospitals where ever you are.  We are approaching critical numbers of patients in my area and across the country.

Back to crafty things, I browsed cricut access and found this great collection of coffee sayings and images called Coffee Helps, which I used for my page (combining a few of them).  The paper is from a cute fall Doodlebug collection I had recently gotten called Pumpkin Spice.  The design team has shared projects over at the BBTB2 site and you can link up a project there also to share with us!  Happy Thanksgiving!


Cricut:
Coffee Helps-all cuts
Paper-Doodlebug Pumpkin Spice prints, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink for edging

Thought I'd add a shot of the completed layout with pics!


6 comments:

  1. fantastic paper and a fantastic matching layout. I am so glad you got to have your backyard coffee circle for so long. I hope you can resume soon. In the meantime, thank you for your hard work and stay safe!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout and thanks for showing it with pictures as that really brings it to life for me. My prayers that you don’t get overwhelmed at your hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I hope you stay safe in your work, also. Thank you so much for everything that you do. I love this layout with those awesome papers. What a perfect layout for your backyard get-togethers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to “meet” and have coffee. I love the layout and the colors you chose. Stay safe and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great - you scrapping something just for yourself! that paper and the saying are making me want a 3rd cup today!! I agree, masking and keeping 6 feet apart is so important. life is boring, but I'm staying healthy and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time while still being careful! Stay safe and bless you & all our medical personnel!
    P.S. Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete