Monday, March 2, 2020

Anything but a card challenge-2 scrapbook layouts

Happy Monday!  I have been trying to get my 2019 scrapbook done before we get too far into 2020, so for this next BBTB2 challenge, I made two layouts!  The challenge theme is anything but a card, which leaves you room to get super creative.  One of my layouts is for pictures I took in the ChinaTown area of London when we traveled to the UK last October.  My second layout is for photos from Son#1 and friends trip who went snow skiing in Colorado over their winter break.  I had so much fun finding the images and fonts to cut for each of these layouts!
Project #1

For the ChinaTown layout, I downloaded a font to my computer from da fonts, called ChinaTown.  I love da fonts and have had so much fun perusing some of the fonts....you can find a font for almost any kind of project there.  The rest of the images are cut from the Pagoda cartridge and the China collection on cricut access.  There were paper lanterns strung across all the streets in the London Chinatown area, so I knew I wanted to have some of those on the layout.

Cricut:
Pagoda-lanterns
China-dragon, pagoda
ChinaTown font-downloaded from da fonts
Paper-PhotoPlay Paper Crane collection print, CTMH solids
brown chalk in for edging
square punch for photo corners
enamel dots-Echo Park Jack and Jill collection


Project #2



For my skiing layout, I found the perfect title on the Go Canada cartridge.  There are lots of images of skiers on cricut access, so I had a hard time picking just one.  I was surprised there are so many skiers and snowboarders to choose from.
Cricut:
Go Canada-title
Miss Kate Cuttables Snow Day-skier
Paper-Simple Stories Snow Patrol print papers/letters, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink for edging
square punch for photo corners




6 comments:

  1. Great layouts and mixing of images with the fonts. I like how the plaid's match on your second layout, because I am a little OCD with that kind of thing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these layouts are fantastic! I love everything about them! Very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job on these stunning layouts. You must have sn amazing selection of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both layouts are great! I love using the Cricut for scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you rocked both of these! I love good clean lines and beautiful paper! top it off with great cuts and these are perfect layouts!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete