Monday, August 28, 2017

Labor Day-career

Happy Monday!  I missed getting my blog post up last week, as we lost power due to big storms in the KC area.  It makes me appreciate electricity!  My heart is going out to all those who have been displaced from their homes or are without power due to the hurricane.  Our BBTB2 challenge with Labor Day coming up is to celebrate careers in some way.  I made a layout highlighting nurses, as both my mom and I are nurses and my niece is planning to become a nurse.  She recently attended an event for high school students aspiring to be nurses put on by the hospital I work at and left even more convinced that nursing is for her.  So we will be a family with three generations of nurses!

I work as an RN in a cardiothoracic surgery ICU taking care of patients before and after open heart/valve surgeries and heart transplants, so my current job is truly all about hearts.  I thought the title for my layout "Nursing is from the heart" most appropriate in so many ways!  I used a couple of cartridges to make my layout for a picture of my mom, niece, and myself at the event my niece attended at my hospital.  There are lots of different careers on display over at BBTB2 this week and you can link up your project over at BBTB2.


Cricut:
Everyday Paper Dolls-stethoscope
Baby Steps-title font
Plaintain Schoolbook-hearts
Paper-The Paper Studio print, CTMH solids
Hearts embossing folder

3 comments:

  1. I love that you shared a picture of yourself and your family. Nursing is a great career, stressful, but very rewarding. I have four cousins who are nurses and one in nursing school. I wish my parents would've had money to send me to college as that would have been my career choice when I was 18. You have done a lovely job framing your nursing from the heart layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, my husband and I sure appreciate the cardiac intensive care nurses. My husband had open heart surgery 13 years ago and the nurses were so compasdionate and he got such good care. I think it is fabulous that you will have three generations of nurses. I love the layout of the three of you, the pretty colors and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Michelle, it has been a long day. Our middle son, his 2 chikdren and doggie have moved into the house for several weeks and our house has been turned upside down. It's been truly crazy. I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete