Monday, May 25, 2015

Dance your face off layout (for BBTB2)

Happy Memorial Day!  While I have to work a shift tonight at the hospital, I hope most are getting to relax and enjoy a 3 day weekend!  The BBTB2 challenge theme this week is "dance".  The only dancing around here is at school dances, so I made a layout for the pics of the 8th grade end of year school dance with Son#2 and his friends.  I used the Family Album cartridge for the "Dance your face off" title and all the other cuts.  I love the journaling cut-I will definitely be using that again!  I stuck with neutral colors, since the girl's dresses have a lot of color.  It looks kind of plain without the pics, so I included a shot it with the pics as well.

the layout:

with the pics added (I'll add the journaling):

Cricut:
Family Album-title cut at 2 1/2 inches, record and music notes cut at 1 inch, journal box cut at 6 inches
Paper-Simple Stories Story of Us collection background paper, CTMH solids



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am totally loving this layout Michelle! I saw the title and journal stripes as I was looking for dance things and so loved it then too. I don't think I have any dance pictures though or would have did a layout too. lol I love it without the pictures and I love it with the pictures. You have picked the perfect papers as you always do. The kids look like they had a fabulous time and that is what it's all about! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab LO, Michelle!!! Great color choice and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this layout really rocks! I love how you made your layout and how fabulous these pics look in your layout. How fun. Love the title and those awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great Michelle, I love it once you added the pictures it really jazzed it up they look like they are having so much fun. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use dark neutral colors for your layout so that the pictures can be the star of the show. Love your title and the journaling. Since I now have the subscription I'm going to use that cut as well great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout Michelle!!! Awesome photos!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete