Monday, December 30, 2013

Book mark tags for the new year (for Exploring Cricut)

2014 is almost upon us and Diane has challenged us to make some kind of project related to the New Year at Exploring Cricut.  I belong to two book clubs, so I made some tags to use as bookmarks.  We have just finished planning all the books to read for this upcoming year, so on the back of my tags is room to write the list of titles for 2014.  I used Plaintain Schoolbook to cut the basic tag and it's shadow.  I then added the silhouette of the child reading from one of my favorite cartridges, A Child's Year, and used the font to add the year.



Cricut:
Plaintain Schoolbook-tags, cut at 4 inches
A Child's Year-child cut at 2 1/2 inches, font at 1 inch
Paper-kraft, CTMH for the blue paper
brown chalk ink
ribbon/twine from the stash

Link up your project with us at Exploring Cricut and we hope you will join us for lots of crafty fun in 2014!

6 comments:

  1. Great tags for the New Year! Have a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about making book marks for my book club members. I really like your idea about the lines on the back for the titles.
    Donna K U

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I am always looking for new ideas on using the child cuts on that cartridge. I am thinking of starting a book club for my teenage ex-girl scouts but have no idea how to begin. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks! p.s. luv your blog :)
    arielmeow@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, I might have to "borrow" this idea for our homeschooling activities. Thank you and have a happy and blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag/bookmarks!! Happy New Year!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete