Monday, August 31, 2020

back to school

Happy Monday!  Our BBTB2 challenge for the next two weeks is a back to school theme.  I've taken a picture of my boys every first day, kindergarten through senior year of high school.  This year will be the last "first day", as my youngest is going to be a high school senior.  His first day will not be the traditional grabbing the backpack and heading off to school, but will be online from home instead, as his school is starting in a hybrid format due to the pandemic.  It's going to be an interesting school year for sure.  And that's not even getting into what may happen with my college kiddos!  All of us parents of school age children are facing the uncertain future this year!  My oldest, a college senior, moved into the dorms and 4 days later came home very sick with covid!  He has recovered and we are just finishing our 2 weeks of quarantine for the family.  I won't be surprised if we are doing this again with the other kids.

I used the Locker Talk collection of images for the calculator and ruler and the Varsity Letters font for the Senior Year lettering, plus some fun school themed paper from Echo Park.  You can link up a project over at the BBTB2 site and also see the rest of the design team's school projects!  Hope you all have a good week and stay safe!



Cricut:
The First Few Years-ruler
Locker Talk-calculator
Varsity Letters-font
Paper-Echo Park Teacher's Pet collection prints/stickers, CTMH solids
brown chalk in for edging

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute page and Varsity Letters is the perfect font for school pages. May you all get through the year healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your son was sick, so scary! Prayers that no one else gets the coronavirus. Glad you are all doing better. Love your LO...it’s got me thinking about my kids first day of virtual school for their junior and seniors years of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sorry that your son got sick with COVID. So glad he is feeling better and hope the rest of your family stays well. I love this layout! It is so perfect for a high school senior! All of the images and lettering all look so wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that your son has recovered and I hope that your family stays healthy! This is a great page for that treasured "Last First Day"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice and grown up layout for your senior. I love the colors and papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout! So happy to hear that your oldest is on the road to recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice page and great tradition. I’m trying to do the same for the grands. Sorry your son got COVID. Our grand niece away at college got it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this layout.I miss Locker Talk, I forgot all the great cuts it has on it. I hope your children are fairing well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete