Monday, June 3, 2013

Sweet Treats layout (for Exploring Cricut)

Who screams for ice cream?  Everyone at my house, that's for sure!  Our Exploring Cricut challenge this week is celebrating National Ice Cream month, with the challenge being to use ice cream or a popsicle on a project.  I went with ice cream-we make a lot of homemade ice cream at our house.  We've worn out the ice cream freezer, in fact, and I'm shopping for a new one!  Homemade double dutch chocolate, strawberry with chunks of strawberries, or sweet delicious vanilla- it's all SO yummy!

My layout (for some birthday pics of us eating ice cream) uses the Birthday Bash cartridge for the title, ice cream sundae, and banners.  I added some Diamond Glaze here and there for extra shine.  The paper is from the Carta Bella Cool Summer collection.

the whole layout:

doesn't the pink paper look yummy with the Diamond Glaze?

a little more Diamond Glaze on the cherry and the strawberry ice cream:

Cricut:
Birthday Bash-all cuts
Paper-Carta Bella Cool Summer
brown chalk ink
Diamond Glaze
Swiss Dots embossing folder

Join us over at Exploring Cricut in this yummy challenge with your ice cream or popsicle project!  The design team has some delicious projects to look at for inspiration.

8 comments:

  1. Super yummy layout. I love ice cream too! I don't have a ice cream maker, but I sure wish someone would make me some. Love the glossy accents to Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable layout and the paper too! I need to order some of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is such a fun layout!! I love the papers and all the die cuts! Oh yeah, summer and ice cream, we all scream for that!!! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute layout! Very fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layouts!!!Great colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a yummy layout!!! Love the cuts and that great ice cream paper!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your homemade ice cream sure sounds delish! I love your layout, the patterned paper and images look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete