Friday, June 21, 2013

Programmed to Play layout (for Exploring Cricut)

I have the fun of showing the daily project at Exploring Cricut today!  So, tell me I'm not the only one who gets sucked into buying scrapbooking paper when they didn't plan to.  I went to Archiever's ONLY to buy some adhesive (as scrapbooking had come to a grinding halt without adhesive), but I walked out with the entire My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy collection of paper!!!!!   There was this fantastic robot paper-it was so cute-and the robots talked to me and said I had to buy the paper to make cool boy scrapbook pages.  That's my story for hubby anyway and I'm sticking to it.  Here's what the robots talked me into:





For my layout, I used the robot paper for the background and cut out a robot from the Robotz cart, pairing it with the collection's robot sticker.  I used the funky Robotz font for the title.

(I have pictures of the kids playing this computer game called Minecraft that will go on my layout.  This game has taken over the boy pre-teen/teen part of the population!  My sons and their friends were discussing how to open portals to the next dimension, over dinner.  Really.  You can't make this stuff up!)

Cricut:
Robotz-all cuts
Paper/Sticker-My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy collection
brown chalk ink/foam tape

7 comments:

  1. The colors of this paper and robots are just so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe your story, sometimes crafty things just jump in the cart:)
    This layout really perfect. I love the font and the number of photos you included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love the robots, the robot bg paper and all of those different papers for the photo mats!! Fabulous layout!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I so know what you mean. The pics will look great on these pages:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO! NO! NO! You're not the only one who goes for 1 item and comes out owing the Nat'l debt! I'm an OLD (75) scrapper and I still do it even tho I'm certainly old and wise enough not to. (LOL) It's just so much fun. Love the layout and will mean the world to you after your kids are grown and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I never walk out of a craft store with just one thing! Same thing at Target too!

    ReplyDelete