Monday, March 30, 2020

Easter treat boxes

Happy Monday!  It seems the news gets a little worse every day, as the corona virus continues to spread.  Sometimes it's nice to have something crafty to distract myself, as I'm working on the front lines as a critical care nurse and it's pretty scary out there.

Our BBTB2 challenge for the next two weeks is Easter treat bags, boxes, etc.  I made five adorable little bunny pillow boxes that I plan to stuff full of jellybeans for the five high school and college kids living at my house.  They all need some fun treats, since like all of us, they are all confined at home, with their school year abruptly ended.  All of them have classes online for the rest of the semester.  I used the Easter 2010 cartridge and these were super quick and easy to make!  I cut pieces off of the clear plastic covering of an old cricut mat to make the transparent window where the bunny cutout is.  This challenge will run for two weeks and you can see the rest of the design team projects and link up your own over at BBTB2.  I wish you all health and safety as you get through the coming weeks!



Cricut:
Easter 2010-bunny pillow boxes
Paper-My Mind's Eye Happy Day 6x6 paper pad
clear cover of a cricut mat

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your courage and passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, bless you in your important work of taking care of all of us. May God protect you and keep you and your family healthy. These pillow boxes are so cute! Don't we all love a little bit of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute treat boxes and you are never too old for treats. I pray your skills will not be needed as much as they anticipate. Stay safe and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute boxes that I know they are going to appreciate, especially once you fill them with yummy treats :) Thank you so much for all you do as a Nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first, hope you are surviving, I can't even imagine the stress you are under. I'm home, keeping busy by crafting and yardwork and I feel the anxiety. so, thank you for hanging in there. Stay safe.

    glad you found some time to craft, it helps a lot. those pillow boxes are great for just a bit of treats - don't need to eat everything all at once. will they fit a gift card?

    ReplyDelete
  6. precious little boxes! I hope it made their day and I commend you and thank you very much for risking your life to save others every day!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete