Monday, May 25, 2015

Music layouts

So we have a music challenge this week at BBTB2.  Since all my kids are very musical, I make a lot of music projects.  I have several musical themed layouts I've done over the last year that I haven't shared on the blog, so this is like a whole concert of layouts, lol!  I have kids in both band and orchestra and I have to say that the Quarter Note cartridge is the one to have if you have musical kiddos!  I use it ALL the time.

Project #1
However, this layout is NOT about the kids!  As a birthday gift last year, my husband got tickets for us to see my favorite band (Maroon 5) in concert when they came to the Sprint Center in Kansas City.  It was so much fun going to see the concert and of course I took some pictures...  My guitar and font are from the CM This and That cartridge-love the funky guitar (it feels rock and roll…).  The music notes are also from the cartridge.
Cricut:
CM This and That-all cuts
Paper-CTMH solids, bg paper unknown

Project #2
As Son#2 is in the marching band, pep band, AND jazz band at his high school, I have taken a lot of band pics this year.  My son plays trombone in the band, but this design could be changed up to include any instrument.  The frames are pop dotted so I can slide a picture underneath.  The high school band and orchestra students "fondly" refer to each other as band geeks and orch dorks, hence the band geeks title.  Guess I need to make an orch dork layout too for Sons#1 and #3!
Cricut:
Quarter Note-trombone, band hat
Artbooking-frames, notes, arrow
Zoo Day-title font
Paper-band bg paper unknown, Echo Park blue paper, CTMH other solids
brown chalk ink

Project #3
Another music layout for band and orchestra pictures from the pops concert last year for pics of all 3 kiddos playing…I wanted bright colorful paper for this fun end of the year concert of pop music.
Cricut:
Quarter Note-clef, notes
Robotz-font
Paper-Echo Park bg paper, CTMH solids

Project #4
Son#2 won the instrumental prize at the school talent show last year on piano (yes, he plays trombone AND piano and sings too), so I made this layout for the pics.  I had to trim some of the flourishes off the piano (from Quarter Note) to make it fit.  
Cricut:
Quarter Note-piano, microphone, keyboards, clef and notes
Nifty Fifties-guitar
Mickey Font-title
Paper-Echo Park prints, CTMH solids

Project #5
This layout is for an orchestra event where Son #1 is wearing a tux, so I wanted a more formal look for the layout with black, white, and cream.  Loved the music paper and the Quarter Note cartridge!
Cricut:
Elegant Edges-journal box
Quarter Note-all other cuts
Paper-bg print is Echo Park, music paper The Paper Studio, CTMH solids


No comments:

Post a Comment