Monday, July 22, 2013

Sun and Sand layout (for BBTB2)

My Design Team sister Caroline has chosen the beach as our challenge theme at BBTB2 this week!  Makes me just want to go dig my toes in some sand, although that's in short supply here in the Midwest!  I did find some pictures of us with our toes in the sand, however, from a trip to Florida a few years ago that I hadn't gotten around to putting in an album.

I used a couple of different cartridges for this layout.  The font is from Life as a Beach, which does NOT have a shadow, so I cut the letters a second time in dark brown and offset them slightly to give a shadow effect.   The sand castle is from Doodlecharms and the seahorse and shells are from Create a Critter.


Cricut:
Life As A Beach-font
Paper-Tahitian Beach Stack print, solids CM
brown chalk ink

There are great projects to look at over at BBTB2, so pretend you are sitting in the sand with some waves breaking over your toes and enjoy!  We'd love to see your beachy themed project too :)

8 comments:

  1. Michelle your LO is fabulous and such fun photos!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Michelle! I love the paper you used, your die cuts are too cute!! Love the title and often off set fonts to get a shadow on the ones that don't have one. Looks like everyone was enjoying the beach!! My future DIL is having beach withdraw since they moved out in the midwest. When the kids that she teaches told her there were beaches there she was all excited until she found out a beach to them is rocks on the lake. lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, Michelle. I love the colors and cute you used. That background paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, what a fantastic layout Michelle!! I love the papers your used and all of the cuts. And those photos are great!! Such fun memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This paper is so fabulous for your beach layout. It really brings out the fun pictures. It sure looks like everyone was having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lLO Michelle you did such a nice job the title and all the elements are so perfect together!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Michelle Perfect beachy papers and so much fabulous detail, perfect for these wonderful photos!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete