Monday, January 4, 2021

Get Well-Feeling Sick? Milk it card

Happy first Monday of 2021!  I don't know about you, but I'm kind of glad to leave 2020 in the rear view mirror.  We can all hope 2021 is a better year.  I've seen so much loss and suffering at the hospital this year...and am hopeful the vaccines will change the course of the pandemic.  I had tears of joy while getting my first shot of the Moderna vaccine last week!  It represents hope!  My hospital coworkers have been cheering and taking pictures as they get vaccinated. As vaccine availability gradually spreads out beyond health care workers and nursing home residents over the next few months, I encourage everyone to get one to protect themselves and all those in their community.

Our BBTB2 challenge for the next two weeks is get well cards.  As many of us may know someone who is sick from covid or other illness, there will be many opportunities to send a homemade get well card this year.  My card below, from the the Just Because Cards cricut image collection, has the kind of punny humor that always makes me smile.  It is a slightly larger 6x6 size, as I'm planning it to use when dropping off a meal to a sick neighbor and wanted to have room to write the reheating/cooking instructions inside.  Go check out the design team projects and link one up to share!


Cricut:
Just Because Cards-all cuts

6 comments:

  1. Got Milk wonderfulness.
    Melissa BBTB2 Designer
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the punny sentiment! great idea to put the instructions on the back. I am so happy for you to have gotten the vaccine. Our nurses and doctors need to stay well the most!!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great cartridge as they do have a lot of puns. I like the bigger size too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE punny sentiments and this is so cute and perfect for the theme this challenge. Great card and congratulations on getting the vaccine. I sure hope it changes things for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This get well card is sure to bring a smile. Thank you for all your sacrifice and hard work to take care of the covid patients. It must be very stressful. I certainly hope we see this go away soon. Thank you, again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha - love that card. I should make a few to give to my husband when he gets sick - but he really doesn't need the reminder.

    thank you for being a great health care worker - looking forward to my vaccine too

    ReplyDelete