Monday, May 11, 2020

Graduation card

Happy Monday!  I'm hosting the BBTB2 challenge for the next two weeks, which has a graduation theme.  While graduation ceremonies and parties everywhere have been cancelled due to the corona virus, it still feels important to me to mark the occasion with a card or special gift.  My oldest son's girlfriend is graduating from college this year, after having her senior abruptly transitioned to online classes like most students in the country.  I made her a graduation card, using her school colors of black and red.  I used the Varsity Letters cartridge to cut 2020 and added a graduation cap from the Wrap It Up cartridge, as I had a "Hats Off!" sticker for the inside sentiment.  Some embossing on the red mat with the trusty Swiss Dots folder added some texture.  Of all the embossing folders I own, that is the one I use the most!  I love being able to make personalized graduation cards with the school colors and year.  You can see all the design team projects over at BBTB2 and link up a new cricut project of your own to share with us.

Outside

Inside


Cricut:
Varsity Letters-numbers font
Wrap It Up-graduation cap
Paper-CTMH solids
Sticker-Doodlebug graduation collection
Swiss Dots embossing folder
brown chalk ink for edging


6 comments:

  1. awesome project and thanks for the awesome challenge, perfect timing! We want to make all the 2020 grads feel special for missing the traditional ceremonies.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with all the layers and texture. Cutting out the 2020 in the star paper makes it pop. It is really a different year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that embossing folder, also. The card will be so appreciated to recognize all of that hard work! I love the colors and the star paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. The embossing makes it extra special. I love being able to color customize cards. Congratulations to you son's girlfriend. Dorlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never known of all the graduates in my neighborhood if not for lawn signs, honking car parades, And Nextdoor. So sad there is no graduations but we can still celebrate at home. Great card.

    ReplyDelete