Monday, July 23, 2018

Surf's Up layout

Happy Monday!  Summer is in full swing!  I took a quick overnight trip with the fam this week to an amusement park and had many rollercoaster riding adventures trying to keep up with our teens.  I think my head is still spinning.  It was a short trip, but lots of fun.  It is good to be back home in the air conditioning however, as it was hotter than Hades at the amusement park.  Many frozen lemonades and slushies were consumed trying to stay cool!

Our BBTB2 challenge this week is a beach theme (or lake, for those of us in the middle of the country).  While my first thought on a beach theme was summer beach fun, the beach pictures I wanted to scrap are from a December trip to San Francisco, so I went in a little bit of a different direction with my project.  I wanted to really showcase these winter beach pictures and went with muted colors for my background paper and very simple embellishments.  My Surf's Up title is from the Luau cartridge and I used cricut cut circles for my journal area and one picture.  (The other words and accents are puffy embellishments from Kaisercraft.).  The rest of the designers have some superfun beachy projects for you to see over at BBTB2 and you can link one up too.


Cricut:
Luau-surf's up title
Plaintain Schoolbook-circles
Paper-Kaisercraft Salty Toes prints and enhancements, CTMH solids
brown chalk ink for edging

2 comments:

  1. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and I love how you used the muted colors on this. Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tranquil and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete