Monday, November 3, 2014

Friday Night Lights layout (for BBTB2)

Happy Monday!  Our BBTB2 challenge this week is football-I had to mentally change gears!  We've been obsessed with baseball here in Kansas City this October, watching our Royals in the World Series last week, so I had to get back in the football groove.  Friday nights in the fall means high school football in our neck of the woods, so I have a football layout for pics of Son#2 and the marching band at our high school football game.

I used the Artbooking cartridge for the football, banner, and the word football.  The narrow font is Boys Will Be Boys and the wide chunky font is from the Robotz cartridge.  I used a green background to get the football field look, along with the school colors of purple and gold for the accents.  The funny thing is  that my high school colors were also purple and gold, just like the high school my sons attend.  It's very nostalgic being at the games surrounded by a sea of purple and gold!  Hope you will join us with a football themed project this week over at BBTB2!


Cricut:
Artbooking-football, the word football, banner
Robotz-big chunky font
Boys Will Be Boys-narrow font
Paper-CM yellow solid, Hobby Lobby purple solid, CTMH green solid
Versamark Jumbo Java brown chalk ink, Stampin Up Early Espresso ink
Stamps-My Pink Stamper

8 comments:

  1. I knew you would have a great layout for us Michelle! I love, love this layout! We don't go to Friday night games anymore since our son's are grown, but I used to love going. For one it was a night out. lol Even if it was football and two, I loved seeing our guys play even if I'm not very football savvy. I love the colors that you used and how cool that your kids high school colors are the same as yours! Love the pictures and love the die cuts you used. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout! You are so good at utilizing all your cartridges so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout Michelle!!! We have two grandsons that play football. Their season is now over, but we so love going and watching them play. Their games are on Saturdays. Really need to do some layout pages for our daughter to put some of those photos she takes of them playing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you scored big with this layout. Love your pictures too. The words are great, makes me want to shout!!!

    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have some amazing memories on your scrapbook page. Love all the pictures, the cuts you used and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super layout Michelle, love the pictures and all the elements you used, I love how you used the thick and then thin font. All the paper choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layout !!!! I love these colors and the design is sooo fun !!! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day !!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete