Monday, April 8, 2013

Rainy Day Play Time layout (for the BBTB2)

April showers mean umbrellas, which is the theme for the BBTB2 challenge this week!  I got out one of my favorite cartridges, 3 Birds on Parade, and made my Rainy Day layout, for pics of the kids playing on a rainy day.  I love the bird in his cheery rain boots with his colorful umbrella-he's so darn cute!  I also have a ridiculous fondness for the font on this cart with the bird foot on each letter!!!

The background paper is from The Paper Studio and gave me that rainy day feel, but my bird has his happy umbrella and rain boots to perk him up (the rain also has helped the spring flowers bloom for Mr. Bird).  Plus, stomping in the puddles is very satisfying!  My kids still feel compelled to stomp in puddles, even as big as they are!









Cricut:
3 Birds on Parade-all cuts except puddle and flowers
Paisley-flowers
Everyday Paperdolls-rain puddle
Paper-background is The Paper Studio, CTMH for the solids
brown chalk ink, white gel pen

My DT sisters have some marvelous umbrella projects at the BBTB2, so check them out!  We'd love to see any new projects with a cricut umbrella-so link up :)

13 comments:

  1. Your LO's are adorable Michelle! Love the cutie bird with his brolly.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO's. Wonderful shades of blue. Great pops of color with the red and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color combo is SWEET!The birdie is ADORABLE!!
    A DARLING LO!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Michelle, this layout is adorable!! First off I never used this font because I wasn't sure I liked it, but now after seeing it on your layout, I can say I love it!! Love your cute bird all dressed up for the rain, and I love your bird bath with the flowers blooming! Cute, cute, cute!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made such a cute layout, actually both layouts are just adorable! I really like the cute birdie and umbrella and also the bird bath. Such great work, I have such challenges with scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout!! I so love the bird with his umbrella! And that font is just perfect for your pages! The bird bath is great. Our grands think puddle stomping is the best thing ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, you are amazing! I love this layout - as I love all of your layouts! Such wonderful color choices for your rainy days play. The blues look watery and yet happy! Wonderful cricut cuts - I especially like the umbrella and that lovely bird feeder. Great job once again!!! Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING layout!!! Love everything about it!!!

    Hugs
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge love color on the bird makes him the center of attention with his adorable boots and umbrella. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome layout michelle! i too love this cart but have never used the font now that i see how it turns out i know i will for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layout! I will be showcasing your layout on Scrappin' on Saturday on FCCB this week! Cindy

    ReplyDelete