Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mini-Monster cards

I made some Halloween surprises for the guys to get with their candy stash:  a monster, cool cat, and gravestone (for my teen, who is too cool for cute now) that I made with the card feature on the Mini Monsters cart.  I had not tried the card feature, but it's easy to use and layer.  A few word additions and some pen work and I think they are a winner, at least I hope the boys think so!   (We always have a special candy stash to give the kids on Halloween, as one of my kids has nut allergies, so we trade out most of the unsafe candy received while trick or treating for nut-safe candy.  All the trick or treat candy goes straight into a bag for Dad's workplace to enjoy.)






Cricut:
Mini-Monsters-creatures and gravestone
Learning Curve-font for BOO and cool cat
Happy Hauntings-font for Zombie
Embossing with some of my Sizzix and Cuttlebug folders

I'm going to link the cat to the BBTB2, which was featuring a Halloween theme with Hello Kitty.  I don't have that cart, but this Halloween cat turned out pretty cute (I reversed his mouth so he would look happy).  I'm also going to link to Fantabulous Cricut, where the project is Purple People Eater, using purple and a monster or bug.  Forget the bug, I'm sticking with monsters!

16 comments:

  1. Great cards. I keep telling myself I am going to get that mini monster cartridge but never see it at a store. Thanks for sharing them with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards and I've been dying to cut that kitty. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! That cat is indeed a cool cat! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards-- love how they turned out. Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Cards!! Love all the embossing!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards--cool cat :) Thanks for joining us in the challenge at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards! I love the embossing! Happy to be a new follower! :)
    Tracy
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Great embossing!

    Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that Kitty is too stinkin Cute, Now I know I Really Need that cartridge, I've been putting it off but know....... I love your other cards too and the kids will Love them and if they don't you can send them my way, lol! So glad you shared with us over at the BBTB2 challenge!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a GREAT Halloween kitty!! All of these are just darling! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cards are so cute. Really like all the embossing. I haven't tried this kitty yet and really need too:) Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these all turned out really cute.. gosh i need that cart thanks for sharing over at bbtb2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These turned out really cool. Thank you so much for playing with us over at My Creative Time’s Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little cards are so fun ! Love the embossing that you did on them ! Thanks for sharing them with us at BBTB2 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!! They are all adorable!! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at FCCB!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooooo cute..WOW! Thanks for playing at BBTB2..Krista Norman

    ReplyDelete